Denzel Taru Admin replied

533 weeks ago

Hi Guys!

Thanks to a great idea by Atlein Laind we will be starting a Free Company Lottery as of today (20/01/14).

What is the FC Lottery?

The FC Lottery is just like any other "Real Life" lottery, in that you pay in a certain amount of gil through the week and on a specified date the draw will take place (a name will be picked so there will always be a winner) and the winnings will be paid out.

Why are we doing an FC Lottery?

Lotteries are a great way to raise money and that is exactly why we are doing it! because a Percentage of the money given for your ticket will be put into the Company Housing Fund!

Is this really such a good idea?

Well, if people get on board yes! Someone each week will gain a profit (if at least 4 people play, this will be explained later) and the suggestion was made by Atlein because he heard that another Free Company had used this method and already have a Medium sized house!

Great! How much will it cost?

We will trial the ticket price at 30,000gil we need an amount that will produce:

• A nice pay out to the winner
  • A fast rise in FC funds
  • and most importantly, an affordable amount for people to pay.

If 30,000gil is too much or too little, it can be amended.

You said a percentage will go to the FC fund, what will that be?

To begin with we think that 30% to the winner and 70% to the FC will be a good and fair ammount. The National Lottery (the UKs biggest Lottery) has a 50/50 split half the the player and half to other things as well as tax etc.

Even though it'd be great to give the winner 50% or even 100% the idea of this Lottery is to help raise funds for an FC house.

The lottery will only operate if 4+ members opt in that week.

So with 30/70 in mind lets look at an example of the lowest pay out.

You place in 30,000gil and 3 other people also enter.

This week you are chosen as the winner and you win 36,000gil and 84,000gil goes into the FC Fund

If 10 people enter that week:

The winner will recieve 90,000gil and the FC Fund will recieve 210,000gil

So the more people who play the better the prize and the faster the FC fund rises!

How will it work?

Each Saturday a new prize pool will begin, you can enter by depositing 30k in the company chest.

Each day I, Denzel will check entries and the name of the entrant will be written down and saved on an advanced name storing application called "notepad" (trolol)

NB: any donations of exactly 30k will look like a lottery entry so if you want to donate that much do it in 25 + 5 installments.

On Friday at 8pm GMT (if times have to change it will be listen on this post at the top) the name of the winner will be chosen, at that point 70% of the total will be placed in the Company Housing Fund and if the winner is online he/she will instantly recieve the pay out, if not the next lottery collection will be stored on my retainer and will be given to the player when they are next online. If the winnings are not claimed after a week (this includes if the winner doesn't log on for a week) they will go into the Company Housing Fund.

How will the name be picked?

To assure the choice is random, unbiased and indisputable I plan on live streaming the selection process.. This will be a short (maybe a minute long) livestream on Twitch where i share my screen showing the app I will use to choose the name.

I will be using this, uber cool, space age, totally grown up, childrens app to choose the names as it has a super grown up animation and will be more interesting than the random name pickers i have found using google:

http://primaryschoolict.com/random-name-selector/

if however, you know of a better way to select names let me know.

Can Denzel and Officers enter?

Yes, because it is being shown as random on a livestream we can also enter.. i for one will probably refund my ticket to myself if i win and then put the rest in the chest :D

Can I enter more than once?

No, we decided this would be unfair on the people who only can afford on ticket sorry.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

So what are you waiting for, put your entry in the FC chest now for a chance to win.

last edited 533 weeks ago by Denzel Taru
Please log in to post a reply.